Nosakhare Omokhua leads the Firm’s Dispute Resolution (Litigation and Arbitration) Practice Group. He is a thorough-bred, consummate trial lawyer and court room advocate, with a knack for details, and a proven track record of dispute resolution portfolio management. He exudes competence and instinctive intelligence in the area of dispute resolution, particularly regarding corporate/commercial and oil and gas related litigation. A combination of his outstanding research skills, admirable expertise in legal drafting, proficient oral presentation and exemplary dedication marks him out as “a modern day litigator”.
He provides first-rate legal representation for clients and his dispute resolution experience spans issues arising from every core practice area, including subjects such as Commercial and Contract Law, Oil and Gas/Energy, Natural Resources and Environmental Protection, Property Law/Real Estate, Banking and Finance, Personal Injury, Tort, Intellectual Property, Employment and Labour Law, Construction, Taxation and Regulatory Compliance.
Nosa has led teams to defend the interest of clients/companies across all of the major industries and business sectors in Nigeria, including: The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Ltd., TotalEnergies EP Nigeria Ltd., Chevron Nigeria Ltd., Nigeria NLG Ltd., Daewoo Nigeria Ltd., Indoroma Petrochemical Company Ltd., Notore Chemical Industries Ltd., Julius Berger Nigeria Plc., Lubrik Construction Nig. Ltd., Moni Pulo Ltd., Access Bank Plc., Red Star Express Plc., IHS (Nigeria) Ltd., Shorelink Oil & Gas Ltd., Heritage Bank Ltd., Stockgap Fuels Ltd., ChampionX Oilfield Solutions Nigeria Ltd. (formerly known as Nalco Energy Services Nig. Ltd., ARM Trustee Ltd., etcetera.
Some of his most noteworthy works/cases include:
- Successful defence of a foreign client in an action to enforce in Nigeria a $55 Million judgment obtained in England on behalf of a Community in Rivers State for losses resulting from an oil spill.
- Successful defence of a major Nigerian fertilizer company in a N25 billion lawsuit over the ownership of land on which it carries out its operations.
- Acted as Counsel for an international oil company in an oil spill liability suit for monetary claims in excess of N152 Billion.
- Acted as Counsel in a USD 8 Million contract action on behalf of a Multinational from the defendant’s breach in the transportation of the client’s barge flow station from the United States to the Niger Delta in Nigeria.
- Acted as defence Counsel for a frontline commercial bank in a suit arising from a loan facility transaction with a monetary claim of over N4.6 Billion against the Bank.
- Successful defence of a major construction company against a Charge proffered by the Federal Government of Nigeria on account of an alleged violation of the National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (Establishment) Act.
- Acted as a defence Counsel to a frontline construction company in a high-stake litigation which arose as a result of an alleged pollution of an expanse of land (including farmlands, rivers and crops).
- Successfully defended three IOCs in a suit instituted in relation to the obligation to remit 3% of our Clients’ annual budgets to the Niger Delta Development Common Fund.
- Successful defence of a major petrochemical company in a high-stake suit bordering on a breach of contract for provision of medical services.
- Acted for a telecommunication company in a suit to challenge the Rivers State Government’s demand for a tax head made pursuant to the Registration of Business Places Law of Rivers State.
- 2009 – Nigerian Law School (BL)
- 2008 – University of Benin, Benin City (LL.B.)
- 2014 – 2022 – Solola & Akpana (Barristers & Solicitors):
- Supervising Senior Associate
- Senior Associate
- 2014 – Prime Law
- 2010 – 2014 – K. O. Longe & Co.:
- 2009 – 2010 – Legal Aid Council of Nigeria:
- Legal Counsel (NYSC)
- Nigerian Bar Association
Nosa enjoys watching football and plays the piano.